Sunday, April 14, 2019

The Blank Page by Nada Adel Sobhi – Poem



The blank page
Stares at me
Taunts me
It knows I'm blank inside

I call words to my mind
But none land on my page
They slip through,
My hand unsure;
They don't fit,
Unlike Cinderella's glass slipper

I watch the waves before me
But they too offer naught
They water spray attempts to hinder me
But I am adamant,
Pen in hand,
Resolute.

I will not falter
Before the blank page
Before my lazy muse
Before my tired body

You will not deter me
From my quest
To fill a page,
Fill the void

I call upon the ancient power
Of the mighty sea
Fill me with your words,
Wisdom spoken to thousands before me,
Philosophers and storytellers

I know you bear the power,
Give me an inkling of it.

The pen moves
Words flow
I lose control
Like a trance
An avalanche
Fills my page

Finally
I lay my pen down
Close my eyes
And breathe.

I open them
To see pages upon pages
Of words and wisdom

A gentle wave at my feet
Reminds me whom to thank
I bow my head,
Whisper my gratitude

I have conquered
The blank page!


By: Nada Adel Sobhi



3 comments:

  1. I love it, beautiful, you personfied your feeling of struggling to conquor this emptiness and calling ur muse in a vivid image ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete