Friday, April 26, 2019

Open Your Eyes to a New Day - Poem



Lightly, nimbly, let's forget
The sad dream we dreamt in the night
Like the darkness that fades in the morning rays
Let's forget…


And then let’s open our eyes
To the morning light
Let the rain fall on our skin
And wash our souls within
Let’s awaken anew
With purpose and strength
Let’s open eyes
To a new day




A friend posted the first part and it inspired my reply. I later learnt that this first part was part of a Korean song from the late 1970s. The part in green is entirely my own.

The original is in Korean, so I'm guessing "Lightly, nimbly, let's forget/The sad dream we dreamt in the night/Like the darkness that fades in the morning rays/Let's forget…" is a translation. But here's the song via YouTube: Song Çang Şig- Unutalım


Special thanks to my friend Sara Ahmed for bringing these words and this song to my attention. Thank you for the inspiration :) 

1 comment: