Monday, May 6, 2019
Takhayyal Writing Prompt 96: Ramadan Lanterns
Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen, Artists, Poets, Writers, Authors, Dreamers, Friends and Family; Welcome EVERYONE to Nadaness In Motion's MONTHLY picture-prompt writing challenge Takhayyal or Imagine.
Arabic for Imagine, Takhayyal is a challenge for writers of all ages and genres; a place to spark creativity and explore new genres.
The month of May this year coincides with the holy Muslim month of fasting, Ramadan. I found this image I had saved a while back to be the perfect celebration and means of inspiration where hundreds of millions of people come together to fast and be united.
You're free to interpret the image as you see fit. May be take your Muse in an oriental realm? Or imagine what it would be like to be surrounded by these beautiful lanterns? What about characters? What does their seller think, feel, or even want in life?
As always, your imagination and your words...
Your post can be in English or Arabic, prose, poetry, short story, flash fiction, an imaginary situation, an artistic thought; you name it and write it.
· No nudity, violence, and/or abuse.
· Leave the link to your post in comments below OR post your piece as REPLY to this post
· Your piece MUST be inspired in some way or other by the above picture
· Multiple entries allowed
· It is not required but it is a nice and encouraging gesture to comment on others' pieces.
· Feel free to add your Twitter handle (@....) so I can tag you in my tweets!