Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Nadaness In Motion's Most Viewed Posts of 2019


In this post, I'm highlighting the most-viewed posts on the Nadaness In Motion blog in 2019.

I'll be doing another post on the all-time most viewed posts later in January or February 2020. But for now, I'm focusing on 2019.

I started the year with a plan to read fewer books and focus on my writing; that did not happen but I'm glad to say I read many good books, featured some amazing authors and plan to continue hosting and featuring authors on Nadaness In Motion for many years to come.





So, what has garnered readers' attention in 2019?

Let's have a look. (These views are up until 20 December 2019)


In this post, I feature author S.C. Perkins and her cozy mystery novel Murder, Once Removed, the captivating first mystery in the Ancestry Detective series, in which Texas genealogist Lucy Lancaster uses her skills to solve murders in both the past and present.



Broken Bone China, an interview with Laura Childs (1,077 views)

In this post, I interview author Laura Childs, who has written many cozy mystery books and series. In this particular post, we talk about her 20th (yes twentieth!) book in the Tea Shop Mystery Series as well as her writing process and lots more.
  



In this post, I go into detail about my review process for novels and novellas. I focus on characters and setting, and of course a good book cover never hurts but often attracts a reader.





Earlier this year, in March to be exact, I was set to embark on a new job and journey that required reading self-help and non-fiction books. And I was worried. Worried because there are many things that don't stick in my head and to be honest I fear that I would forget things when I close the book (and that still happens). Hence, this post. It's a different kind of post.


Since then, I've overcome the fear but I also forget things I've read and would sometimes have to go back a few pages to remind myself what a book was talking about and where I was while reading it.

One of the most beautiful poetry collections I've read this year was Lost in a Quatrain by South African author and poet Adiela Akoo. There were many poems that I could relate to and others pertaining to moments in South Afrian history.

Lost in a Quatrain includes several deep pieces such as "Not Enough," "Broken Winged Bird," "Are YOU Ready?" "As the Rain Pitter-Pattered," "Wrapped Up," just to name few. There are many and I enjoyed them all.

"Hormonal" is a powerful womanly poem about – you probably guessed it – women's monthly period. I appreciated that Akoo wrote about this and included it in her collection.



This was my first cozy mystery read for Gayle Trent (or Gayle Leeson since she goes by both names)
I enjoyed reading Designs on Murder and learnt a few things from it for my work-in-progress paranormal cozy mystery. I even have a few new ideas I might incorporate in my own work.
"Gee, that was awkward," she said. "I was sure you knew."

"Knew?"

"That I'm a ghost."

Amanda decides to go on a hunch and start her fashion business in Shops on Main, a building housing several other small businesses. There she discovers her ability to see the place's resident ghost, Maxine "Max" Englebright.


Clarissa's Warning by Isobel Blackthorn is a brilliant novel set on the Spanish Canary Island of Fuerteventura! Simply WOW!

The book begins with a strong opening both in terms of story and tone. The idea of the warning is delivered in the first chapter, keeping the reader on edge throughout the book.

Clarissa's Warning is narrated in the first person perspective of Claire Bennet, who often talks about herself in the third person in a humorous way. A British bank teller, who has won a lottery making her a millionaire, Claire's now bent on buying and renovating a ruin on the island of Fuerteventura, which is the second largest of the Canary Islands that comes with an ominous and possibly paranormal warning.

Cleopatra's Spring by Nada Adel Sobhi (personal poem) (349 views)

A personal poem I wrote while travelling to the Siwa Oasis in Egypt in December 2018. Journey into the heart of an oasis in this poem.


Cleopatra's Spring, image via Trip Advisor
As always, leaving comments on my blog posts (whether personal or book reviews) supports and encourages me as a writer and blogger and I can easily share those comments on social media and with authors. So don't hesitate to leave a comment even if it's just one word. :) 

If you've enjoyed this post, let me know so I can do more of it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment