Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Twice Upon a Time - Cover reveal
Twice Upon A Time
(The Black Angel Book #1)
By: Hope Irving
Once upon a time, there was the wandering soul of Morgann, an 8th century Irish calligrapher-monk longing to be reunited with his soul mate. Deirdre was his forbidden love, a witch with whom he wrote a coveted book.
Under her spell, the souls of the star-crossed lovers travel from bodies to bodies until they find each other. Eventually.
That became his quest: unearth her new body and trigger her memory, for she is clueless about whom she once was. Unfortunately their story didn't get a chance to become a fairy tale yet it still turned out as a famous urban legend referred as The Black Angel Book.
Twice upon a time, not so long ago, there was me, rational and devastated Rose. I needed to get a grip, said my French mum after my year of numbness due to a painful break-up that led me to cut my wrist daily, to feel something, anything.
So she sent me off to the free-spirited village of Provincetown, Massachusetts, to spend the summer with my American relatives. And just like that, I wasn’t myself any longer. Because someone pulled me out of the darkness and bewitched me, somehow.
I couldn’t wait to jump his bones… but why was he holding back?
He couldn’t wait to welcome me into his world… but was I ready to question my convictions and acknowledge that my self-inflicted cuts were now healing in record time?
How could I have imagined he was longing for his own unorthodox fairytale to come true? Frantically.
Check out previous excerpt here. This book had another cover but the above one is the newest.
Random facts about the Hope Irving:
· I'm a recovering TV addict. Haven't watched TV in about a year; I'm a happy bookworm.
· I still indulge on movies at the movie theater.
· I love red heads.
· I am not into sports (at all) but I enjoy walking (a lot), especially when shopping.
· I hate karaoke but love music blind tests.
· My favorite ice-cream flavor is peanut butter cup although I don't like peanut butter. Go figure!
· I am a French citizen who has a soft spot for country music… probably because I lived in Texas where I graduated.
· I was 16 when I first traveled to the US.
· The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton is the first book I read in English.
Connect with the author:
· Facebook: https://goo.gl/qPcwkO
· Twitter: @HI_author
· Pinterest: https://goo.gl/vBCeIKEndFragment
· Goodreads - Book page: https://goo.gl/4HSedH
· Goodreads - Author page: https://goo.gl/cqRkhW
· Blog: https://goo.gl/s53bEM
· Twice Upon A Time playlist on YouTube: https://goo.gl/18zyxJ
About the Author:
Hope Irving is a debut indie author who lived in Paris, France, most of her life and also in the US, where she graduated with an MBA. She currently lives in Paris with her family.
When she's not writing, she enjoys reading, going to the movies and watching paranormal TV series. Her influences are diverse: Choderlos de Laclos, Brett Easton Ellis, Anne Rice, Charlaine Harris or S. E. Hinton.
She can't stand the rain but it gives her an excuse to watch the Barbie movies with her daughter, over and over again, and sometimes Harry Potter and Edward Cullen sneak in.
She loves Nutella and Camembert cheese (not together), carrot cake, cinnamon Altoids and Dr. Pepper.