Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 & a Poem


This post is to wish all my followers, and readers, a Happy New Year 2014 and a belated Merry Christmas, or an in-advance Merry Christmas to Egyptian Coptic Christians who celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January.

Have you set up your New Year’s resolutions?

Here is one for me: I just challenged myself to reading 50 books this year.
I had planned on reading 30 books in 2013, then when I finished all 30 in October or early November, I raised my challenge to 36. I managed to read 39 books in 2013, so it’s only fair I challenge myself to something bigger this time. (I don’t go over the wall with 100 books though).

Without further ado, here is a New Year’s Poem, which is a bit old and wasn’t written for 2014, but fits anyway ;)

A New Year


Now, comes a new year
A new page has been turned
A new day has come

People all over the world
Have driven away their tears
Their hearts have been filled
With new hopes
All for the new year

A year has passed
And another has come
Hopes have died
Other have arisen
People have died
Others have been born

Everyone hopes and wishes
this new year
Will be better than the last

And now a New Year has begun
May all go well!



No comments:

Post a Comment