Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nadaness In Motion's Top Books for 2014

Here is my list for the "bestest" books I read in 2014

1.    Hand of Fire by Judith Starkston (a must-read book about love, family, war, and fate)
2.   Rising by Holly Kelly (I just loved this book)
3.   Dreams of Perfection by Rebecca Heflin
4.   Eden Forest by Aoife Marie Sheridan
5.   The Colour of Dishonour by Rayne Hall
6.     Mapping Me – edited by Tamara Azizian (though there were some pieces I did not like, there were many that were just too damn good)
7. Krymzyn by BC Powell 
8.   Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce (the third instalment in The Immortals Quartet)
9. Strings by Darren Gallagher (a collection of 33 short stories, I particularly loved the ones with a fantastical/paranormal element)


I had planned to read 50 then 40 books in 2014, but ended up reading only 36, with the 37th being finished during the first week of 2015. So, 8 out of 36 books is enough. I read many good books this year, but not all made it to my all-time favourites. (Links to reviews below)






Check out my reviews of these books here (note 2 of them have not been posted):

Hand of Fire by Judith Starkston
Dreams of Perfection by Rebecca Hefline
Eden Forest by Aoife Marie Sheridan
The Colour of Dishonour by Rayne Hall (Short story collection)
Mapping Me edited by Tamara Azizian (short story anthology)
Krymzyn by B.C. Powell
Strings by Darren Gallagher (Short story collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment