Friday, November 30, 2018

NaNoWriMo 2018, Mission: Completed


It gives me great pleasure to announce that I've completed NaNoWriMo 2018 AHEAD of schedule!

Yes, I finished those 50,000 words two days before the deadline!

I'm
Super
Excited!

This means I've done and finished NaNoWriMo two years in a row AND each time I've upped the game and learnt things.



November started out with a cold for me and there were several days I couldn't write. But there were several others when I wrote 2,000, 3,000 and even 5,000 words!

Writing is like running a marathon. Your mind feels like it's been whipped around, after trying to beat a car on a race track. But when you write, even 500 words, you feel like you've accomplished something.

When you finish NaNoWriMo, you feel like you've accomplished A LOT.

There were many months in 2018 when I couldn't write. But when November started, I knew that there were sacrificed to be made and I made at least 25 nights of the 30-day month count.

Sleep is one of the things you have to sacrifice often during NaNoWriMo. But trust me, it's worth it!

Not only did I pass 51,000 words, my story isn't complete. I have about three or four chapters to go (may be more depending on the characters' actions) that I will continue working on in December.

Here's my NaNoWriMo Success Certificate!



Where's yours? Leave it in the comments below or send me Twitter or Facebook link with your winning post. I'd love to share the joy and support you.

No comments:

Post a Comment