Friday, November 23, 2018

Daughter of Water by Nada Adel Sobhi – Poem



Wrap me in your cold arms
For the sun scorches my skin
Drag me into your dreamy depths
I'm a daughter of water,
Daughter of the mighty sea

Your melody flows over your waves
To my longing ears

Original Image cropped. Photography by Nada Adel Sobhi

I gaze upon at the raging blue
But when I close my eyes
My vision clears
And in the black background of my lids
I see the fish, the dolphins,
The pearls in their pretty pink shells,
The mermaids gliding, waving at me

I'm a daughter of the mighty sea
And the journey to your dazzling depths,
I shall gladly take.


By: Nada Adel Sobhi


Inspired by the mighty Mediterranean and its ever-turquoise blue waters.

My writing notebook. Photography by Nada Adel Sobhi




No comments:

Post a Comment