Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Takhayyal writing prompt 109: Oh the Horror! Artwork by J Edward Neill

Welcome HALLOWEEN! 


And welcome Ladies and Gentlemen, Ghosts, Vampires, Werewolves, Fae, Zombies, Artists, Poets, Writers, Authors, Dreamers, Friends and Family; WELCOME EVERYONE to Nadaness In Motion's picture-prompt writing challenge Takhayyal!

 

Nothing like a little darkness to awaken the demons ahead of the 31st!

And this time, I'm featuring horror-writing and dark-artist J Edward Neill!

 

Now feast your eyes on this painting and let it inspire you…


 

By the way, Neill calls this painting "Forgotten Sanctuary" but don't let that stop you from sending chills up readers' spines.

 

Arabic for Imagine, Takhayyal is a means to get inspired and spark our writing once more.

Your post can be in English or Arabic, prose, poetry, short story, flash fiction; you name it and write it.


General rules:General rules:

·        No nudity, violence, and/or abuse.

·  Use the image for inspiration and write your piece in the comments below or publish it on your blog and leave the link to it in the comments

·        Your piece MUST be inspired in some way or other by the above picture

·        Multiple entries allowed

·     It is not required but it is a nice and encouraging gesture to comment on others' pieces.

·        Feel free to add your Twitter handle (@....) so I can tag you in my tweets or tag me @NadanessSobhi and I'll retweet you :)

 

About the artist from the artist himself

I’m J Edward Neill, fiction author, Coffee Table Philosophy creator, giant canvas painter, and mood-swingy blogger.

You’ve walked over the edge of the world. Thanks for taking the plunge.

A little bit about me: I’m an author, and I write deep, dark fiction, imaginative sci-fi, and thoughtful philosophy. Any day that dies without me putting in a few hours of writing is a day I didn’t really live.  I write the kind of stories I like to read, and I’m inspired by any book centered on the characters rather than the plot. My books are available here.

I also love to paint. The bigger the canvas, the better. My favorite subjects are clouds, trees, dark portraits, and cold, dark places. I twirl a ton of canvasses as companion pieces for my books. My favorite personal works are right here.

Follow J Edward Neill via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, and Goodreads. You can also follow Neill's weekly blog http://tesseraguild.com



Now, Let's IMAGINE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment