Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mid-NaNoWriMo? Progress Is Progress - Blog post


Is it truly 15 November? Whoever invented the term/idea that "time flies" wasn't joking!

We're mid-month, mid-NaNoWriMo and I'm way behind on my word count!

I must admit, I wish I weren't working full time to I could at least catch up.

There were days when I didn't write at all, when I just desperately needed to sleep! There were a couple of others when I sat in front of the laptop screen not sure how to continue from the point I had reached.

But here we are the 15th that's two weeks in with 17,500 words out of 25,005 words!

But do you what's the best thing about this?

In these 15 days, I've almost accomplished what I had accomplished in my other writing project in the past three months!

Between August and October, I wrote around 18,500 words in Darya's story. In my NaNoWriMo project I've jotted down almost as much with my 17,500 words. Can you believe that? Or better can I believe that?

It means I can do it! And I will do it!

It also means I can raise my target, build on my accomplishments and enjoy writing and seeing my projects grow.

I'll be doing another post on 1 December with my overall NaNoWriMo word count accomplishment(s) and provide more updates in the novel I'm currently working on. All I can say now is that it's a paranormal cozy mystery.

If you don't know what a cozy mystery, it's a sub-genre of mystery that's lighter and where the protagonist, or main character, is usually not a detective but an amateur sleuth looking to solve a murder.

Find out more about the cozy mystery genre in Kirsten Weiss' joint article titled "What is a Cozy Mystery? How have Arab readers been introduced to the genre?"


Feel free to check out my book reviews of other cozy mystery books I've read.


If you're taking part in NaNoWriMo, feel free to share your progress updates below so we can support each other.

For those who are unfamiliar with NaNoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writing Month, and takes place every November. It is a time when authors huddle behind their computers, ditch the housework, and work on writing 50,000 words in a month. 

No an easy feat, I assure you!


No comments:

Post a Comment